Curbside Clean-up Spring 2019
This service provided by Mid Valley Disposal and the City of Chowchilla is ONLY for single-family homeowners and residents in the city limits. NO Robertson Boulevard, apartment complexes, duplexes, county or commercial bin customers are allowed.
The Curbside Clean-up event provides a way to get rid of bulky items and items not normally accepted in the regular trash pick-up service. Debris is to be placed in the street at the curb for collection on the assigned day for your neighborhood. Please refer to the flyer for important information and check the map to find your specific pick-up day.
The Curbside Clean-up days for customers who live WEST of Highway 99 (in town) will be MONDAY – FRIDAY, MAY 6-10. DO NOT PUT OUT DEBRIS SOONER THAN 48-HOURS (2 DAYS) BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED CLEAN-UP DATE.
Be sure to check the lists of ACCEPTED ITEMS and ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED found below.
- DO NOT PUT DEBRIS OUT SOONER THAN 48-HOURS BEFORE your clean-up date (see map).
- Debris placed at the curb AFTER 6:00AM on your pick-up date WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- The debris pile must be placed IN THE STREET at least 6-inches out from the curb and CANNOT BE LARGER THAN 5-ft x 10-ft x 5-ft in size.
- Do not block gutter inlets, mail boxes or fire hydrants.
- Pull portable basketball hoops off the street.
- There will be NO alley collections.
- TIRES WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- Review the list of ALLOWED & PROHIBITED items.
- Prohibited items will be left at the curbside and they must be removed WITHIN 24-HOURS after the neighborhood clean-up date.
GREENHILLS RESIDENTS CLEAN-UP DROP-OFF SATURDAY, MAY 11 - 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
There will be NO curbside pick-up due to the narrow streets so residents of Greenhills, the Villas and homes on Granite Falls Way and Golden Sands Way. Residents will need to take their bulky items to a drop-off location ONLY between 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. DO NOT drop-off any debris before or after the date and times.
- Golf Drive West at Emerald Street (Recreation Building)
- Golf Drive West at Pheasant Run Boulevard (Frisbee Park)
- Granite Falls Way at Golden Sands Way (East of the roundabout)
If you have questions call the Chowchilla Public Works at (559) 665-8615, ext. 789. Please leave a message with your telephone number if staff is not available to immediately take your call.
|ACCEPTED ITEMS||ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED|
Refrigerators (secure or remove doors)
Clean Auto Parts
Unassembled Playsets cut to 4-ft lengths
Miscellaneous Scrap Metal
Tree Branches cut to 4-ft lengths and bundled
Tree Trunks cut to 12-in lengths or shorter
Tree Stumps and Root Balls 12-in diameter or less
Lumber cut to 4-ft lengths
Other E-Waste Electronics
Carpeting and Padding (rolled and tied up)
Bagged & Boxed Trash or Debris
|Dirt and Sod
Rocks, Cement, Concrete, Bricks and Tile
Pesticides, Weed Killers, Solvents, Aerosols, Wet Paint and Chemicals
Oil, Grease, Antifreeze and other Auto Fluids
Empty or Filled Propane Tanks and Cylinders
Oversize Tree Branches, Grass/Leaf Piles, Trunks and Stumps
Palm Tree Rounds