Who do I call if I have a sewer blockage in the line that is not on my property?

The Chowchilla Municipal Code Number 13.12.065 Section E states in part that "House branch sewer, including their connection to sewer mains, shall not be considered as City property or become a part of the City sewer system, and their maintenance and repair shall not be provided by the City." If you experience a problem that you feel is the City's responsibility, please call the Public Works Department at 559-665-8615, extension 789 or Email Public Works. If problem occurs on a weekend or an emergency situation exists, please call the 559-647-9138.

Show All Answers

1. Does everyone have to comply with backflow regulations?
2. Why is the City responsible for enforcing the rules on backflow since they are State of California’s rules?
3. We have been here all these years and never had to do anything about backflow before. Why do I have to do this now?
4. Can my home or business be “grandfathered” in for the backflow devices?
5. Must my home or business have backflow prevention?
6. How would a backflow issue occur with a lawn irrigation system?
7. Who do I call to report sidewalk problems, potholes or damaged roadways?
8. Why doesn't the City do more complete road repairs rather than simply patching the potholes?
9. Who do I contact if a street light needs repair?
10. Who is responsible for routine maintenance of sidewalk, curb, gutter and street trees?
11. Where do I call to report water leaks or a broken hydrant?
12. Who do I call if I have a sewer blockage in the line that is not on my property?
13. Where do I report an abandoned vehicle?
14. Who do I call about graffiti problems?
15. Where do I report illegal trash dumping or fire hazards?