City Council Procedures & Webex Instructions
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, City Hall will not be open to the public. You may join the meetings via Web-Ex.
Special City Council Meeting
December 3, 2020, 4:00 pm
Web-Ex Meeting Link:
Members of the public are able to participate in City Council Meetings by joining the live webcast via Webex.
To listen by phone, dial:
Passcode: 146 299 9348
*SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING PUBLIC PARTICIPATION DUE TO COVID-19*
Given the current Order covering the State of California and the Social Distance Guidelines issued by Federal, State, and Local Authorities, the City is implementing the following changes to participate in Council meetings until notified otherwise. The Council chambers will NOT be open to the public. We are encouraging residents to participate virtually following the directions below. Any member of the City Council may participate from a remote location.
Options to participate / view / and listen to the meeting:
- If you wish to speak to the Council on an item using the WebEx platform on your computer/laptop or smartphone, please use the “raise hand” button and you will be unmuted when it is your turn to speak. Please provide your name when unmuted. You will be able to speak to the Council for up to 3 minutes.
- Staff highly recommends that participants log into WebEx at least ½ hour prior to the meeting time to perform an audio check and to make sure you have an optimal internet connection.
- Members of the public are encouraged to submit written comments on any agenda item by submitting an email to the City Clerk, JMcClendon@CityofChowchilla.org, up to one (1) hour before the meeting (3:00 p.m.)
- Please submit a separate email for each item you are commenting on.
- A copy of your written comment will be provided to the City Council noting the item number.
- If you wish to have your written comment read into the record:
- Please specify if you would like to have your written comment read into the record. Your comment will be read into the record during the public address portion when the item is heard. Any portion of your comment extending past three (3) minutes may not be read aloud due to time restrictions but will be made part of the record of proceedings.
- Please be aware that any written comments received that do not specify a particular agenda item will be marked for the general public comment portion of the agenda.
- If a written comment is received after 3:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting, efforts will be made to provide the comment to the City Council during the meeting. However, staff cannot guarantee that written comments received after 3:00 p.m. will be provided to the City Council during the meeting. All written comments received prior to the end of the meeting will be made part of the record of proceedings.
To view the past City Council meeting videos, click HERE.