The Public Works Department is here to serve the community by providing airport, street, solid waste, water, wastewater, and storm water services. It contributes to the health, well-being, and convenience of citizens, visitors, business, and industry by operating and maintaining the City's streets, drinking water, wastewater and storm water systems for long-term service. These responsibilities must be managed in a cost effective manner as budget guidelines allow while remaining sensitive to the needs of the citizens we so proudly serve.
Department Service Areas
- Chowchilla Municipal Airport
- Municipal Water Service
- Solid Waste
- Storm Water
Important Required Permit Information
An Encroachment Permit is required for any work performed within the public right-of-way. Contact the Community and Economic Development Department at 559-665-8615, ext. 787, or Email the Community and Economic Development Department.
The City of Chowchilla may find cause to issue an Administrative Citation due to possible municipal code violations. Visit the Administrative Citations page for more information.
- Who do I call to report sidewalk problems, potholes or damaged roadways?
- Why doesn't the City do more complete road repairs rather than simply patching the potholes?
- Who do I contact if a street light needs repair?
- Who is responsible for routine maintenance of sidewalk, curb, gutter and street trees?
- Where do I call to report water leaks or a broken hydrant?