City Business License

Any person conducting business within the Chowchilla city limits must have a City of Chowchilla Business License. This includes any business using a Chowchilla address for advertisement, or state or federal licensing, even if the business is conducted offsite.

All businesses must obtain a business license prior to carrying out business transactions. Businesses that move from one location to another are required to submit a new business license application. It is unlawful to operate a business within the City of Chowchilla without a license. Business license requirements are detailed in Title 5 of the Chowchilla Municipal Code

For more information or to start the business license application process, call the Finance Department Business License Division at (559) 665-8615, ext 751, or email staff.

Obtain a City Business License

Click HERE to download the current Business License Application; once completed, save it and Click HERE to email the completed application to the City.

Click HERE to download the out-of-town Business License Application, and submit the completed document by email to

A completed application can be mailed to the City of Chowchilla, Attn: Finance Department/Business License, 130 S Second Street, Chowchilla, CA  93610.

Applications can be submitted in person to the Finance Department in City Hall at 130 S Second Street during City Hall business hours.

Close a City Business License

Click HERE to download the current Business License Closure Form.

Home Occupation Permit Application

Click HERE to download the current occupation Permit Application Form.

Business Licenses AB 3002 Compliance


AB1379 was imposed by the State of California to increase the $1 state mandate fee to $4.00 for licensing years 2018 thru 2023. The State of California enacted SB1186 (Dutton; Special access: liability) in 2012 which imposed a $1.00 State fee on every applicant for a local business license or renewal (including all in-city commercial and home-based, all exempts, all non-profits, landlords, out -of-city, and all contractors) and is required to be collected by all cities and counties throughout California, including the City of Chowchilla.

This law requires that you be provided the following notices:

Under federal and state law, compliance with disability access laws is a serious and significant responsibility that applies to all California building owners and tenants with buildings open to the public. You may obtain information about your legal obligations and how to comply with disability access laws at the following agencies:

The Division of the State Architect at

The Department of Rehabilitation at

The California Commission on Disability Access at

To obtain a copy of the AB1379 state mandate, please click on the link listed below: